Friday, December 21, 2007

clumsyness = accidental productivity

I fell down an entire flight of stairs today. NC Inc. on the third floor of building in Tribeca and I 'm always a little nervous going down the steep stairs...today at lunch I misstepped at the top of the second flight and went head first all the way down, landing upsidedown, feet in the air, dress around my waist, at the bottom. Miraculously all bones are intact, no facial deformities, and all I'm left with are dozens of bruises in the making and some seriously bloody knees. I have to say, if ever you need an impromptue nurse, patternmakers are the best. Isabella, head patternmaker, could have been a surgeon with her steady hands, cutting away my tights with some tailoring shears, picking god knows what out of my knees (couldn't watch) with the sewing machine tweezers, then I was sterilized and bandaged up...
I was sent home in a cab, and now have an afternoon of free time, unplanned. I could work on one last Christmas gift but it involves an exacto knife and I'm still a little shaky, so I think it's the perfect time to get to all those entries that I've been wanting to post. It's been so long I'm afraid some of them have buried themselves in the deepest recesses of my mind, but I'll do my best to dredge them up.

No comments: