Thursday, October 9, 2008

Anatomy and Kinesiology


I was just taking a peak at Adam Arnold's studio, described and photographed in the Portland Mercury blog MOD, and was struck by this photo. He has X-rays of a torso on his chalkboard! Now he could just be being cute and design-y, since X-rays are totally the kind of thing that people put up just because they're interesting, but my impression is that it's for the sake of anatomy, because being able to see exactly how the human body is constructed, as well as how it moves, is one of the important aspects to patternmaking that I think is often overlooked. Jessie? As his new intern, is that the case? Also, I'm so envious and excited for you. It looks like he has such an efficient process that he works with, and his new clothes are gorgeous.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

This is exactly what his chalkboard looked like when I went in to talk to him. Good question about the x-rays, but I assumed that they were HIS torso. I think you're probably on to something though. I like how it says "I need a Godamned AWL!" Not only can I relate to that, but I was dying to tack an "awlready" to the end of it. I'll get to the bottom of this, don't you worry!