Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holiday festivities

Over the Christmas season we got the most snow in Portland that we have had since the early sixties. We rarely get more than a light dusting any given year so we are completely incapable of dealing with it. The city owns very few snow plows and we are much too environmental to salt the streets. People here not only don't know how to drive in the snow they don't even know how to put chains on their cars. Don't miss understand me. I am not complaining. I love how the city shuts down. The streets are empty and you don't have to go to work or school. The city transformes and gets that weird quiet that snow brings. Here are some pictures.







This is the intersection of 12th and Burside (usually a major interesection) at 2 in the afternoon.



This is my family on christmas.




I also went to a uni-suit (any sort of one piece outfit that isn't a dress) themed new years party that was quite fun. It was a house full of people, shoulder to shoulder, dancing all night long. I didn't get as many pictures as I should have. I was too busy dancing. Here is Emily and I. I helped her make that orange jumpsuit. She looked great in it.



This one was pretty good. The guy in the background is dressed like batman.

No comments: