Monday, February 4, 2008

Pattern Magic, Finally!!!



I just recently bought these two books, after covetting them for ages, and can't recommend them enough. They're apparently only available in NYC and San Francisco at the Japanese bookstores Kinokuniya, which I hunted down and paid a visit to here in NYC (6th and 42nd, right across from Bryant Park). The store itself is incredible, the patternmaking and craft section blew my mind. Everything is in Japanese, but the photos are beautiful, and you can get the idea of things easily enough. Their design sensibility is so good, clean and simple, but still really interesting and innovative.


I have only made a couple of things from these books so far and they've all been mock-ups, no finished projects yet. When I complete something, I'll post a picture or two.

No comments: